All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes termed the Romantic Classicist, Brahms successfully merged the seemingly contradictory qualities of romanticism and classicism, blending poetry with elegance, balance, and restraint.This treasury of 38 works for solo pia, spanning forty years of Brahms's long and prolific life, includes the famous Edward ballade; two capriccios; seven Hungarian Dances in the composer's own transcriptions for solo pia; six intermezzos; three rhapsodies; the complete 16 waltzes, Op. 39; Sonata No. 3, the best-kwn and most mature of Brahms's three pia sonatas; and the complete books of two legendary works, the Variations and Fugue on a Theme by Handel and the celebrated and dramatic Variations on a Theme by Paganini.A fine, inexpensive compilation of pia classics, reproduced from authoritative scores, this volume will delight intermediate and advanced pianists.
- Author BiographyGerman composer Johannes Brahms (1833-97) was a leading musician of the Romantic period and a virtuoso pianist who premiered many of his own works. He wrote for piano, chamber ensembles, symphony orchestra, solo voice, and chorus.
- Author(s)Johannes Brahms
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication18/02/1998
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight544 g
- Width235 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.