All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionBraiding is a very old textile manufacturing techlogy that traditionally has been used to produce items like ropes, shoe laces, and cables. Recently, braiding has gained attention in the medical, aerospace, transportation, and civil engineering communities, among others, due to its ability to produce structures that can fulfill the explicit demands imposed by these technical sectors. Braided Structures and Composites: Production, Properties, Mechanics, and Technical Applications provides a single source of cutting-edge information on braiding and its applications. Featuring chapters authored by leading experts in their respective fields, this first-of-its-kind book: * Explains the basic principles of braiding techlogy for industrial textiles, composites, and products * Identifies the key parameters that influence the braiding process and its produced structures * Shows how to control these parameters to achieve the desired material characteristics * Discusses braided structure modeling and analysis techniques and software tools * Describes various application requirements and their design solutions Braided Structures and Composites: Production, Properties, Mechanics, and Technical Applications supplies a critical understanding of braiding from concept to product design and application. This book is vital to the development of multifunctional products with highly specific features using braiding techlogy.
- Author BiographySohel Rana is the scientific manager in the Fibrous Materials Research Group at the University of Minho, Guimaraes, Portugal. He obtained his bachelor's degree in textile technology from University of Calcutta, India, and his master's degree and Ph.D in fiber science and technology from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Dr. Rana is the author of one book, more than 10 book chapters, two keynote papers, and more than 80 publications in various refereed journals and international conferences. Currently, he is editing four books on composites and nanomaterials. He is also an editorial board member and potential reviewer for numerous scientific journals. Raul Fangueiro is a professor and researcher in the School of Engineering at the University of Minho, Guimaraes, Portugal. He is also the coordinator of the University of Minho's Fibrous Materials Research Group. He holds a Ph.D in textile engineering, has published more than 120 scientific articles in refereed journals, has presented more than 350 communications in international conferences, and is the author and co-author of 14 technical books and 12 patents. He is a European Textile Platform expert, an editorial board member of several scientific journals, and the coordinator of the FIBRENAMICS International Platform (www.fibrenamics.com).
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleComposite Materials
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note224 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRaul Fangueiro,Sohel Rana
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.