All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrain-Based Communication Disorders introduces the reader to the major clinically recognized types of acquired speech/language, cognitive, and swallowing disorders encountered by clinicians working with child and adult neurological cases. The text provides contemporary and state-of-the-art content on these disorders in terms of their neuropathological bases, clinical symptomatology, and progsis. Basic anatomy and physiology of human communication and swallowing is introduced, as well as the neural mechanisms controlling speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing functions. In addition to the traditional acquired speech/language disorders of the nervous system (aphasia; neuromotor speech disorders) content including communication impairments caused by traumatic brain injury, multisystem blast injuries, and degenerative disorders of the nervous system is also provided. The reader is also introduced to the principles that govern the assessment and treatment for both pediatric and adult populations. No other book on the market provides a first year level coverage of the range of acquired neurological speech/language disorders like Brain-Based Communication Disorders.Relevant video clips supplement the text with real world illustrations. This book offers updated clinical management information useful for both the clinician in training and experienced practicing clinicians.
- Author BiographyLeonard L. LaPointe, Ph.D., received his Bachelor's degree from Michigan State University and his Master's and Doctoral degrees from the University of Colorado. He currently occupies an endowed distinguished professor chair, the Francis Eppes Professor of Communication Science & Disorders, at Florida State University in Tallahassee. He has served invited visiting professorships in Australia, Hong Kong, and New Zealand and lectures worldwide. Bruce Murdoch is Head of the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences and Director of the Motor Speech and Neurogenic Language Disorders Research Centre at The University of Queensland, Australia. Julie A. G. Stierwalt, Ph.D., Department of Communication Disorders, Florida State University, Research Faculty, TMH-FSU Neurolinguistic and Neurocognitive Research Center, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Florida.
- Author(s)Bruce E. Murdoch,Julie A.G. Steirwalt,Justine V. Gozee,Leonard L. LaPointe
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Note4/C
- Weight1021 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.