Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Third Edition continues its successful combination of educational features that encourage the student to learn and make teaching easier for the instructor. Marginal questions scattered throughout the chapter help keep the student focused, while sectional Concept Checks and self tests provide immediate feedback on the student's understanding of the material. At the end of each chapter the student is encouraged toward further exploration by the web links found in Online Resources, the references in For Further Reading, and the probing questions of For Further Thought. Throughout the chapters, Application boxes take the student a step beyond the chapter material, and In the News features tell the student that biopsychology is both timely and relevant. The Third Edition devotes an entire chapter to intelligence and cognitive functioning and ather to consciousness. Coming in the last unit of the text, these chapters assure that the student will walk away with the understanding that neuroscience is t only relevant but powerful eugh to discover the foundations of our most defining characteristics.
- Author BiographyBob Garrett is a Visiting Scholar at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. He was Professor of Psychology at DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, and held several positions there, including Chairperson of the Department of Psychology, Faculty Development Coordinator, and Interim Dean of Academic Affairs. He received his BA from the University of Texas at Arlington and his MA and PhD from Baylor University. He received further training in the Department of Physiology at Baylor University College of Medicine and at the Aeromedical Research Primate Laboratory, Holloman Air Force Base. Bob and his wife, Duejean, live on a 3,200-acre ranch they share with 47 other families in the hills outside San Luis Obispo. Their two sons, daughter-in-law, and three beautiful grandchildren all live nearby.
- Author(s)Bob L. Garrett
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/12/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date27/08/2014
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1275 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.