Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $173.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn little less than a decade brain slices have gained prominence among neurobiologists as appropriate tools to study cellular electrophysiolog- ical aspects of mammalian brain function. The purpose of this volume is to present in some detail several inquiries in the brain sciences that have benefited greatly by the use of brain slices. The book is directed primarily toward advanced students and researchers wishing to evaluate the impact these in vitro preparations of the mammalian brain are having on neurobiology. The term brain slice has come to refer to thin (100-700 j. Lm) sections of a brain region prepared from adult mammals and maintained for many hours in vitro, for either electrophysiological or biochemical stud- ies. In addition to good accessibility, slices feature relatively intact syn- aptic connections that allow a variety of experiments t feasible with standard in vivo or tissue culture preparations. Certain electrophysiol- ogical studies once practical only with invertebrate models are becoming routine with mammalian brain slices. The ability to perform both bio- chemical and electro physiological experiments on the same piece of CNS tissue provides additional bright prospects for future research. Although most of the electrophysiological studies have dealt with hippocampal slices, it should be evident from this book that slice methodology is t limited to the hippocampus. The Appendix, Brain Slice Methods, is a multiauthored treatment of the technical aspects of brain slice work, collected into one document.
- Author(s)Raymond Dingledine
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note50 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight674 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.