All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last 15 years, a recognizable surge in the field of Brain Computer Interface (BCI) research and development has emerged. This emergence has sprung from a variety of factors. For one, inexpensive computer hardware and software is w available and can support the complex high-speed analyses of brain activity that is essential is BCI. Ather factor is the greater understanding of the central nervous system including the abundance of new information on the nature and functional correlates of brain signals and improved methods for recording these signals in both the short-term and long-term. And the third, and perhaps most significant factor, is the new recognition of the needs and abilities of people disabled by disorders such as cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, stroke, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), multiple sclerosis, and muscular dystrophies. The severely disabled are w able to live for many years and even those with severely limited voluntary muscle control can w be given the most basic means of communication and control because of the recent advances in the techlogy, research, and applications of BCI. This book is intended to provide an introduction to and summary of essentially all major aspects of BCI research and development. Its goal is to be a comprehensive, balanced, and coordinated presentation of the field's key principles, current practice, and future prospects.
- Author BiographyJonathan Wolpaw, MD, is Chief at the Laboratory of Nervous System Disorders at the Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health and State University of New York, Albany, NY. Elizabeth Winter Wolpaw, PhD is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Chemistry at Siena College in Albany, NY and Research Associate at the Laboratory of Nervous System Disorders at the Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health and State University of New York, Albany, NY.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note181 illustrations
- Weight1618 g
- Width222 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Winter Wolpaw,Jonathan R. Wolpaw
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.