All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt some point, we've all been forced to endure meetings centered on the usually frustrating and rarely productive strategy for generating ideas kwn as brainstorming.Hamstrung by undisciplined thinking, these sessions often suffer from directionless stream-of-consciousness chatter, unclear action steps, and the inevitable devil's advocates who bring creativity to a halt. At the end, invation solutions have emerged, people are frustrated and cynical, and business begins to suffer. There must be a better way. In Brainsteering , former McKinsey consultants Kevin P. Coyne and Shawn T. Coyne leverage more than a decade of in-depth research and practical application to describe a powerful new approach to creating more-and better-ideas called Brainsteering. Brainsteering shows that if you ask the right question, the right answers - and a whole host of good ideas - soon follow. Importantly, it also shows that the right process for consistently generating good ideas looks very different than what you've probably been taught. Written by and peppered with thought-provoking (and often-hilarious) real world examples from both the workplace and popular culture, Brainsteering is a comprehensive how-to manual that will entertain readers while helping them create invative ideas they could ever have imagined in the past.
- Author BiographyKevin P. Coyne is a senior teaching professor at the Goizueta Business School at Emory University and a former senior partner and leader of the worldwide strategy practice at McKinsey & Company. Shawn T. Coyne is a management consultant with twenty-five years of experience in strategy, marketing, and organizational leadership at Procter & Gamble, McKinsey & Company, and other leading firms. Kevin and Shawn are the managing directors of The Coyne Partnership, a boutique consulting firm serving senior executives and boards of directors in both the private and public sectors. Their articles have appeared in the Harvard Business Review, McKinsey Quarterly, Sloan Management Review, and on BusinessWeek.com, and they have been featured throughout the media, including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, BusinessWeek, CNBC, NPR, and Fox Business News.
- Author(s)Kevin P. Coyne,Shawn T. Coyne
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.