Braise: A Journey Through International Cuisine by Daniel Boulud, Melissa Clark (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.68+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBraising uses a moist heat technique, in which food and a small amount of liquid are placed in a closed container and cooked over a long period of time. A successful braise mingles the flavors of the food and the liquid, and results in rich, aromatic flavors. In Braise , superstar chef Daniel Boulud has collected the world's best braised dishes. With inspiring recipes for all kinds of braises - from meat to fish to vegetables - from around the globe, including Thailand, Italy, Mexico, Turkey, Leban, France, Russia, China and many other places, Bouland brings the world of braising home with welcome simplicity and intense flavor. Whether its whipping up the familiar (Pot Roast) for a family dinner to preparing the exotic (Quiabebe from Brazil) for entertaining, Boulud's expert guidance and easy-to-follow recipes offer dishes full of variety and unparalled flavor. Braise will please cooks of every skill level and satisfy even the most discriminating palate.
- Author BiographyDaniel Boulud was raised near Lyon, France. In 1993 he opened his much-heralded restaurant Daniel, which was awarded four stars by the New York Times and praised as one of the best in the world. He has since opened DB Bistro Moderne and Cafe Boulud in New York, a Cafe Boulud in Palm Beach, and Daniel Boulud Brasserie in Las Vegas. Boulud has received countless culinary honors, including Chef of the Year awards from Bon Appetit and the James Beard Foundation, which also named him the country's Outstanding Restaurateur in 2006. He lives in New York City. Melissa Clark writes about cuisine and other products of appetite. After brief forays working as a cook in a restaurant kitchen and as a caterer out of her fifth-floor walk-up, Clark decided upon a more sedentary path. She earned an MFA in writing from Columbia University, and began a freelance food-writing career. Clark is currently a food columnist for the New York Times, and has written for Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, and Martha Stewart, among others. She has written more than thirty-two cookbooks, including In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite and Cook This Now. Clark was born and raised in Brooklyn, where she now lives with her husband, Daniel Gercke, and their daughter, Dahlia.
- Author(s)Daniel Boulud,Melissa Clark
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintECCO Press
- Content Note4-8 Page Colour Inserts
- Weight680 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.