All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionBrand Avatar is a look at business and branding strategies within the Internet's latest phemena of virtual worlds. Virtual world web sites such as Second Life and There.com have already garnered millions of users around the world, representing a cross section of ages, ethnicities and purchasing power. Virtual world residents use and spend real money within the fictional-turned-real-life ecomies. Companies as diverse as adidas, Pontiac, Jean-Paul Gaultier, MTV, and virtual world agencies based on real life ad and web agencies have all plunged into these unchartered waters to give their brands a virtual presence, using varied strategies and tactics. Brand Avatar covers the emergence of virtual world web sites, the culture and psychographic profile of virtual world users, the companies represented and the effectiveness of their business and branding strategies as well as the challenges that have emerged as a result of these worlds such as creating worldwide virtual world standards and intellectual property theft. This is a must read for any business person looking to gain a quick overview of the virtual world landscape and the value virtual worlds hold for companies and their brands.
- Author BiographyALYCIA DE MESA is a brand consultant, author, writer and speaker. Her published works on branding news, trends, analysis and commentary have appeared around the world most notably for Brandchannel.com and Businessweek.com's Design and Innovation sections. Her book Before The Brand on the principles of brand identity was published by McGraw-Hill in 2002. De Mesa's client list includes companies across industries from Fortune 100 to start-ups, including Xerox, HP, McDonald's, and the Phoenix Coyotes NHL team. Over the last few years, she has been a key speaker at various conferences including Stanford University's Graduate School of Business Future of Entertainment conference and Paris-based Luxe's Luxury Branding on the Internet conference. More on de Mesa Brand Consulting can be found at http://www.demesabrands.com and Alycia de Mesa's blog at http://alyciademesa.blogspot.com Alycia de Mesa can also be contacted through relevant social media channels.
- Author(s)Alycia De Mesa
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- SubjectSales & Marketing
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight457 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.