All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe classic guide for today's value investor-with the author's perspectives on the value mindset and effective stock picking Brandes on Value, by Charles Brandes examines why the value discipline to stock selection has been so successful since first introduced by Benjamin Graham in the 1930s. Includes insights into value investing in the real world; risk and risk analysis; thinking globally, active vs. passive investing; value bonds, navigating the financial crisis and Japan's lost decades; exploiting investor behavior, and insightful research from the Brandes Institute.
- Author BiographyCHARLES BRANDES is the founder and Chairman of Brandes Investment Partners, L.P., and also a member of the firm's Investment Oversight Committee. Starting his career in 1968 as a broker trainee, Mr. Brandes decided to dedicate his practice to value investing soon after a chance yet inspiring meeting with the man who pioneered this time-tested investment philosophy, Benjamin (Ben) Graham. Considered the father of value investing, Graham authored such books as Security Analysis and The Intelligent Investor--groundbreaking insights that, as Mr. Brandes often puts it, changed my life. Following this sage advice, Mr. Brandes would found Brandes Investment Partners in 1974--with the enthusiastic support of Ben Graham--based on the Graham-and-Dodd value investment tenets. Since he founded his eponymous firm, Brandes has never wavered from this straightforward Graham-and-Dodd approach, building portfolios one company at a time through the firm's equity and fixed-income strategies to help clients pursue their long-term investment goals.
- Author(s)Charles H. Brandes
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Weight494 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.