All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionEvan Potter analyses how the federal government has used the instruments of public diplomacy - cultural programs, international education, international broadcasting, trade, and investment promotion - to exercise Canada's soft power internationally. He argues that protecting and nurturing a distinct national identity are essential to Canada's sovereignty and prosperity, and suggests ways to achieve this through the strategic exercise of public diplomacy, at home and abroad. In offering the first comprehensive overview of the origins, development, and implementation of the country's public diplomacy, Branding Canada offers policy advice on Canada's approach and advances the thinking on public diplomacy in general.
- Author BiographyEvan H. Potter is assistant professor in the Department of Communication, University of Ottawa. He is the founding editor of the Canadian Foreign Policy journal and a former Fulbright Visiting Chair in Public Diplomacy at the Annenberg School for Communication, University of Southern California. He is also a former senior strategist in the Communications Bureau at the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade and the author of Cyberdiplomacy: Foreign Policy in the 21st Century.
- Author(s)Evan H. Potter
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note4 tables 8 diagrams 2 drawings
- Weight567 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.