Brassicas: Cooking the World's Healthiest Vegetables: Kale, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts and More by Laura Byrne Russell (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA cookbook showcasing 80 recipes for the most popular of the world's healthiest vegetables--kale, cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, leafy greens, and more--tailored to accommodate special diets such as gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, and vegan. The eighty inventive, flavorful recipes presented in Brassicas play to each vegetable s strengths, favoring techniques that celebrate their intrinsic flavors instead of masking them by blanketing under layers of cheese or boiling. Think of the inherent sweetness that can be coaxed from perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts, or the bright, peppery punch of a watercress and arugula salad. Straightforward cooking methods like roasting, sauteing, pickling, and wilting transform brassicas into satisfying dishes, such as Cauliflower Hummus, Spicy Kale Fried Rice, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan Crust, and Broccoli and Pepper Jack Frittata. These recipes also maintain the vegetables stellar nutritional properties. High in vitamins and minerals, fiber, phytochemicals, and glucosilates, brassicas have been shown to act as antioxidants, anticarcigenics, anti-inflammatories, and liver detoxifiers, and have many other health benefits. The beauty of these superfoods is on full display in Brassicas; exquisite photographs of brassica varieties in their raw forms roots, stems, leaves, flowers, and buds can be found throughout, helping you identify Lacinato kale from curly kale or mustard greens from collard greens at the farmers market or grocery store. For those who observe certain dietary restrictions, author Laura B. Russell provides alternatives and tips to accommodate gluten-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets. Equipped with complete selection, storage, washing, and prepping instructions, you can enjoy more of these nutritional powerhouses from the commonplace kale to the more adventurous bok choy or mizuna in your everyday meals.
- Author BiographyLAURA B. RUSSELL is the author ofThe Gluten-Free Asian Kitchenas well as the blog, Notes from a Gluten-Free Kitchen. Her newspaper column, Gluten Freedom, appears monthly in the FoodDay section of the Oregonian. Laura frequently contributes articles to many local and national magazines, includingPrevention, Living Without, Easy Eats, NW Palate, and Portland'sMIXmagazine. She is a culinary advisor to The Heart's Kitchen (theheartskitchen.com), an organization collaborating with Oregon Health and Sciences University to improve nutrition of moms-to-be and consequently benefitting the long-term health of their children.
- Author(s)Laura Byrne Russell
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note35 full-colour photos
- Weight703 g
- Width189 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byRebecca Katz
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.