All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMillions of families are affected by eating disorders, which usually strike young women between the ages of fourteen and twenty. But current medical practice ties these families' hands when it comes to helping their children recover. Conventional medical wisdom dictates separating the patient from the family and insists that 'it's t about the food', even as a family watches a child waste away before their eyes. In BRAVE GIRL EATING Harriet Brown describes how her family, with the support of an open-minded paediatrician and a therapist, helped her daughter recover from arexia using a family-based treatment developed at the Maudsley Hospital in London. Chronicling her daughter Kitty's illness from the earliest warning signs, through its terrifying progression, and on toward recovery, Brown takes us on one family's journey into the world of arexia nervosa, where starvation threatened her daughter's body and mind. BRAVE GIRL EATING is essential reading for families and professionals alike, a guiding light for anyone who's coping with this devastating disease.
- Author BiographyHarriet Brown is an award-winning journalist, author, poet and editor who contributes regulalrly to the New York Times Science section. Her blog FEED ME! covers food, eating disorders, and obesity. A regularly sought-after speaker, Brown has been a featured panelist at the National Eating Disorders Association annual conference.
- Author(s)Harriet Brown
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Weight176 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.