All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere have been times throughout my life that have challenged who I am and I have not always held my head high and said: this is me. In September 2010 Brett Kirk walked off the MCG, having played his final game of AFL for his beloved Sydney Swans. Many know him as the courageous captain who helped his team win the holiest of grails on the AFL calendar. What many people don't know is how he came to be such a tireless captain, honest teammate, and admired role model in both life and sport. His next challenge is to help YOU! We all have the power to become who we want to be, but the many choices and challenges we face can be daunting. This inspirational book takes you on a journey through Brett's life so far, and the lessons he and his wife Hayley have learnt on their path to becoming who they are. Brett opens himself up like never before, sharing his personal stories to guide you through the challenges of working out who you truly are, what drives you, what you love and ultimately who you want to be.
- Author BiographyBrett Kirk is an AFL legend who played 241 consecutive games for the Sydney Swans. As captain of the Swans, Brett led the team to premiership victory in 2005. When Brett retired in 2010 he was known as one of Australia's most admired and respected sportsplayers. Brett is now a sports commentator for Channel 7. He is also a practising Buddhist, a motivational speaker, and an ambassador for the Red Kite charity organisation. Hayley S. Kirk knew she wanted to be a writer when she was six years old. After completing her Bachelor of Education at Charles Sturt University in Wagga Wagga, Hayley worked as an Education Officer at Taronga Zoo. Hayley's first novel for young adults, Divine Clementine, was published by Random House Australia in May 2012. She has also published a picture book titled When's My Turn? (Koala Books, 2004) Brett and Hayley live in Sydney with their five children.
- Author(s)Brett Kirk,Hayley Smithers-Kirk
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintRandom House Australia Children's Books
- Weight575 g
- Width161 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.