All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe lives of Plains Indian women are revealed through this series of fascinating vignettes. Some of these women never knew anything but the old, madic way of life, while others lived on to suffer through the reservation years. Others were born on the reservation but did their to keep to the old ways. Some never left the reservation while others ventured out into the larger world.
- Author BiographyJoseph Agonito, PhD, an award-winning author, has published three books, as well as numerous popular and scholarly articles, and produced three film documentaries. He is the co-author of Buffalo Calf Road Woman: The Story of a Warrior of the Little Bighorn, based on a true story, which won the 2006 Western Heritage Award for Outstanding Novel. He also won the Nebraska State Historical Society's Sellers Memorial Award for an Outstanding Original Contribution published in Nebraska History, Young Man Afraid of His Horses: The Reservation Years, and three film awards for his documentary work. His most recent book was Lakota Portraits: Lives of the Legendary Plains People. Professor Emeritus of American History, he specializes in the Plains Indians and the American West. Agonito has lectured widely on these and other topics.
- Author(s)Joseph Agonito
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwoDot Books
- Content Note33 black & white halftones
- Weight681 g
- Width161 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.