All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen someone is serving our country, far from home, everyone in their family has to be brave. Including -- and sometimes especially -- the kids. This book speaks to all kids in this situation in telling the story of a boy and a girl with parents away on duty. It captures the children's worries, fears, trials, and triumphs while waiting for their parents to return from service. Although the narrative tells one universal tale, the photographs depict multiple perspectives so that every reader has someone they can relate to. In the end, each child finds the strength and patience to endure the wait, showing admirable bravery and inspiring us all. An afterword looks further at the meaning of bravery and offers resources for helping kids deal with transition, deployment, and separation. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyBARBARA KERLEY is the author of A Cool Drink of Water, which received a starred review by School Library Journal and named Outstanding Science Trade Book by the NSTA/CBC, and You and Me Together, named ALA Notable Book. Her third book for National Geographic, A Little Peace, was called powerful by School Library Journal and stunningly beautiful, by the Boston Globe. Also listed by the Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book and a Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People 2008. Other books include Walt Whitman: Words for America, One World, One Day, What to Do About Alice?, and The Dinosaurs of Waterhouse Hawkins. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Barbara Kerley
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width234 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.