Braving the Fire: A Guide to Writing about Grief and Loss by Jessica Handler (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBraving the Fire is the first book to provide a road map for the journey of writing honestly about grief and loss. Created specifically by and for the writer who has experienced illness, loss, or the death of a loved one, Braving the Fire takes the writers' perspective in exploring the challenges and rewards for the writer who has chosen, with courage and candor, to be the memory keeper. It will be useful to the memoirist just starting out, as well as those already in the throes of coming to terms with complicated emotions and the challenges of shaping a compelling, coherent true story.Loosely organized around the familiar Kubler-Ross model of Five Stages of Grief, Braving the Fire uses these stages to help the reader and writer though the emotional and writing tasks before them, incorporating interviews and excerpts from other treasured writers who've done the same. Insightful contributions from Nick Flynn, Darin Strauss, Kathryn Rhett, Natasha Trethewey, and Neil White, among others, are skillfully bended with Handler's own approaches to facing grief a second time to be able to write about it. Each section also includes advice and wisdom from leading doctors and therapists about the physical experience of grieving. Handler is a compassionate guide who has braved the fire herself, and delivers practical and inspirational direction throughout.
- Author BiographyJESSICA HANDLER has written on the topic of writing through grief for The Writer magazine and Psychology Today online, and has been a featured speaker in grief and writing workshops. Her first book, Invisible Sisters: A Memoir has been named by the Georgia Center for the Book as one of the Twenty Five Books All Georgians Should Read, and is one of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Eight Great Southern Books in 2009. She lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Author(s)Jessica Handler
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Weight218 g
- Width139 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.69Trending at AU $21.31
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.42Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.