All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionChico Canta, the youngest of 12, is a tiny, mischievous, fearless mouse who lives with his family in an old theater. They love to go upstairs to see the plays and echo the audience shouting, Bravo, bravo! as the curtain falls. Mrs. Canta speaks many languages t only English, Spanish, and Italian, but Spider, Cricket, and Moth as well. And she encourages her children to develop their own language skills. Bilingual, bravo! she is always telling them. One evening, after a wonderful performance of The Three Little Pigs, the mouse family narrowly escapes Little Gato-Gato. But, undaunted and inspired by the production, they decide to mount their own version of the play. On opening night, however, it is tiny Chico who is the star of the show when he spots Little Gato-Gato in the shadows and uses his own special gift for languages to avert disaster.
- Author BiographyPat Mora is an award-winning author, the founder of Dia (El dia de los ninos, El dia de los libros / Children s Day, Book Day), and an honorary member of the American Library Association. Her most recent book, Abuelos, illustrated by Amelia Lau Carling, won the International Latino Book Award for Best English Picture Book, a Library Media Connection Editor s Choice Award, and it was named a Criticas Magazine Best Children s Book. She's also the author of The Race of Toad and Deer (La carrera del sapo y el venado) and The Night the Moon Fell (La noche que se cayo la luna). She lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Libby Martinez writes children s books and poetry. She is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and Stanford Law School. She lives in Colorado Springs, CO. Amelia Lau Carling is an accomplished author, illustrator, and graphic designer. She lives in Westchester County, NY.
- Author(s)Libby Martinez,Pat Mora
- PublisherGroundwood Books
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGroundwood Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width226 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Amelia Lau Carling
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.