All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBrazil is fast becoming a potent international ecomic player as well as a regional power. This English translation of an acclaimed Brazilian anthology provides critical overviews of life, history, and culture and offers insight into Brazil's development over the past century. The essayists, most of whom are Brazilian, provide expert perspectives on the social, ecomic, and cultural challenges that face Brazil as it seeks future directions in the age of globalization. All of the contributors connect past, present, and future Brazil. Their analyses converge on the observation that although Brazil has undergone radical changes during the past one hundred years, trenchant legacies of social and ecomic inequality remain to be addressed. A foreword by Jerry Davila highlights the volume's contributions for a new, English-reading audience.
- Author BiographyIGNACY SACHS is professor at the School for Advanced Studies in Social Sciences in Paris. JORGE WILHEIM is a Brazilian architect, planner, and former government official. PAULO SERGIO PINHEIRO is professor of political science at the University of Sao Paulo. Translator ROBERT N. ANDERSON is associate professor of Portuguese at Winston-Salem State University. JERRY DAVILA is associate professor of history at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleLatin America in Translation/enTraduccion/em Traducao
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note12 figures, 1 map, 7 tables, notes, bibl., index
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byIgnacy Sachs,Jorge Wilheim,Paulo Sergio Pinheiro
- Translated byRobert N. Anderson
- Foreword byJerry Davila
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.