Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 2 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most dynamic ecomic and cultural forces of the twenty-first century, Brazil is a remarkable country of diversity and character, with a forward-looking ethos that has ensured its status as a superpower. Combining the natural beauty of the rainforest, the remote territories of its indigeus peoples, the exhilarating mix of cultures to be found on the city streets and the country's fascinating history, Brazil explores every facet of the background and contemporary culture of this extraordinary nation. In the accompanying text from Lonely Planet travel writer and expert in Brazilian culture, Regis St. Louis, we are authoritatively guided through the earthly paradises of the Amazon and sublime beaches of Bahia, to the Modernist architectural masterpieces of Oscar Niemeyer and the samba rhythms and exotic costumes of carnaval, exploring the unique mix of cultures that make up modern Brazil.
- Author BiographyMatthew Shirts is Editor-in-chief of National Geographic Brazil, author of O jeitinho americano: 99 Cronicas, editorial coordinator of Planeta Sustentavel (a sustainability forum), and chronicler at VEJA SP (a Brazilian review site). Regis St. Louis first visited Brazil in 2003, and fell in love with the stunning landscapes, the dynamic music scene and the open and celebratory spirit of its citizens. Since then he's been a frequent visitor, celebrating carnaval in Rio and Salvador, travelling much of the Amazon and the Pantanal, and exploring sleepy villages and booming metropolises along the entire length of the Atlantic Coast. He is the coordinating author of Lonely Planet guides to Brazil, Rio de Janeiro and South America, and his articles on Brazil have appeared in the Telegraph, the Chicago Tribune, the LA Times, on BBC.com and elsewhere. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Matthew Shirts,Regis St. Louis
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width216 mm
- Height250 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.