All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
- AU $23.08Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most dynamic ecomic and cultural forces of the twenty-first century, Brazil is a remarkable country of diversity and character, with a forward-looking ethos that has ensured its status as a superpower. Combining the natural beauty of the rainforest, the remote territories of its indigeus peoples, the exhilarating mix of cultures to be found on the city streets and the country's fascinating history, Brazil explores - in six themed and exquisitely illustrated chapters - every facet of the background and contemporary culture of this remarkable nation. In the accompanying text from Lonely Planet travel writer and expert in Brazilian culture, Regis St. Louis, you are authoritatively guided through the earthly paradises of the Amazon and sublime beaches of Bahia, to the Modernist architectural masterpieces of Oscar Niemeyer and the samba rhythms and exotic costumes of carnival, exploring the unique mix of cultures that are the make-up of modern Brazil. Brazil is the ultimate guide to South America's largest and most influential country, which will be at the centre of the world's attention when it hosts the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Olympics.
- Author BiographyRegis first visited Brazil in 2003, and fell in love with the stunning landscapes, the dynamic music scene and the open and celebratory spirit of its citizens. He is the coordinating author of Lonely Planet guides to Brazil, Rio de Janeiro and South America, and his articles on Brazil have appeared in the Telegraph, the Chicago Tribune, the LA Times, on BBC.com and elsewhere. He lives in New York City. Matthew Shirts is Editor-in-chief of National Geographic Brazil, author of O jeitinho americano: 99 Cronicas, editorial coordinator of Planeta Sustentavel (a sustainability forum), and chronicler at VEJA SP (a Brazilian review site).
- Author(s)Regis St. Louis
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGoodman Books
- Content Note350 illustrations
- Weight1792 g
- Width251 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byMatthew Shirts
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.