All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of articles by leading scholars traces the history of Brazilian pop music through the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyCharles A. Perrone (PhD Texas 1985) is Professor of Portuguese and Luso-Brazilian Literature and Culture at the University of Florida. He is the author of Masters of Contemporary Brazilian Song: MPB 1965-1985 (Texas, 1989), Seven Faces: Brazilian Poetry since Modernism (Duke, 1996) and translators/editor of several books. He lives in Jacksonville, FL.Christopher Dunn (Ph D Brown 1996) is Assistant Professor at Tulane University, where he holds a joint appointment in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese and in the African and African Diaspora Studies Program. He is the author of a forthcoming book on the Tropicalist movement in Brazil and a contributor to Encarta on Afro-Brazilian topics including new popular music. He lives in New Orleans, LA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 b&w photographs
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCharles A. Perrone,Christopher Dunn
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.