Bread: A Slice of History by John Marchant, Bryan Reuben, Joan P. Alcock (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.56+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout changing history and changing civilisations, bread's importance has been expressed in folklore, culture, religion and politics. Bread symbolises fertility, prosperity and protection against evil, and provides healing and consolation in times of hardship. It is also good to eat. The past 130 years, in particular, have seen dramatic changes in the way bread is made and in the pattersn of consumption. Wherther you like your bread white, sliced and wrapped or stoneground and wholemeal or in the form of baguettes, bagles or brioche, this book will tell you how it evolved and the tehlogical, social and ecomic changes that brought the various forms to your local baker or supermarket.
- Author(s)Bryan Reuben,Joan P. Alcock,John Marchant
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight250 g
- Width125 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.