All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a special era in the history of tennis. The physicality and skill, as well as the commercial and public interest, have hit levels t seen before. At the heart of the game's growing appeal are four players: Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Andy Murray. Never in the history of the game have so few players dominated for so long and it is their rivalry that makes this the 'Golden Age of Tennis'. However, in 2013, the dominance of the Big Four came under sustained pressure and a new era beckoned. Break Point chronicles how the old guard met the challenge of the hungry young contenders determined to break their stranglehold on the Tour, from the genteel lawns of Wimbledon to the raucous bleachers of Flushing Meadows, and all points in between.
- Author BiographyKevin Mitchell writes for the Observer and the Guardian as boxing and tennis correspondent. He has been Sports Journalist of the Year and Sports Features Writer of the Year. War, Baby: the Glamour of Violence was short-listed for the William Hill Sports Book of the Year.
- Author(s)Kevin Mitchell
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date27/04/2016
- Weight590 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.