All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of Playing with Fire and The Crazy Game comes a new memoir about a troubled hockey life.Patrick O'Sullivan was a kid with skills, with natural gifts that catapulted him into the spotlight and made NHL scouts rave. O Sullivan seemed destined to become one of the next great hockey players in the world. But then it all went horribly wrong.In Breaking Away, Patrick O Sullivan gives readers a disturbing account of ten years of ever escalating physical abuse and emotional cruelty at the hands of his father. When Patrick proved more skilled than other eight-year-olds, John O Sullivan decided to dedicate his life to turning his son into the player he had always dreamed of becoming. Shouting at the top of his lungs, John O Sullivan was the over-involved parent. Many of Patrick s teammates and their parents and coaches thought it ended there. Few had an idea of the dysfunction and violence at the O Sullivans' home. Breaking Away is a story about abuse, but it is also a story about triumph, as O'Sullivan revisits the ghosts of his past.
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers
- Weight501 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.