Breaking Free: My Life with Dissociative Identity Disorder by Herschel Walker (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.36+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe NFL legend and Heisman Trophy winner shares the inspiring story of his life and diagsis with dissociative identity disorder. Herschel Walker is widely regarded as one of football's greatest running backs. He led the University of Georgia to victory in the Sugar Bowl on the way to an NCAA Championship and he capped a sensational college career by earning the 1982 Heisman Trophy. Herschel spent twelve years in the NFL, where he rushed for more than eight thousand yards and scored sixty-one rushing touchdowns. But despite the acclaim he won as a football legend, track star, Olympic competitor, and later a successful businessman, Herschel realized that his life, at times, was simply out of control. He often felt angry, self-destructive, and unable to connect meaningfully with friends and family. Drawing on his deep faith, Herschel turned to professionals for help and was ultimately diagsed with dissociative identity disorder, formerly kwn as multiple personality disorder. While some might have taken this diagsis as a setback, Herschel approached his mental health with the same indomitable spirit he brought to the playing field. It also gave him, for the first time, insight into his life's unexplained passages, stretches of time that seemed forever lost. Herschel came to understand that during those times, his alters, or alternate personalities, were in control. Born into a poor, but loving family in the South, Herschel was an overweight child with a stutter who suffered terrible bullying at school. He w understands that he created alters who could withstand abuse. But beyond simply enduring, other alters came forward to help Herschel overcome numerous obstacles and, by the time he graduated high school, become an athlete recognized on a national level. In Breaking Free, Herschel tells his story from the joys and hardships of childhood to his explosive impact on college football to his remarkable professional career. And he gives voice and hope to those suffering from DID. Herschel shows how this disorder played an integral role in his accomplishments and how he has learned to live with it today. His compelling account testifies to the strength of the human spirit and its ability to overcome any challenge.
- Author(s)Herschel Walker
- PublisherTouchstone Books
- Date of Publication13/01/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTouchstone Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byDr Jerry Mungadze
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.