All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBreaking the Circle of One offers lively, personal accounts of graduate students' and professors' experiences of mentorship within universities and schools. This self-study writing group formed in an effort to provide and receive support. The circle of one the group signifies remained open to others and became integrated within multiple communities and represents the experience of isolation, competition, and abandonment faced by many in education. The chapters, diverse in their stories and points of view, redefine mentoring relationships and structures. Contributors engage their circular model of education as a framework for analysis. They also view their model as representative of a process throughout life that brings mentors and mentees close together at times, and further away at other times. This book is organized around four themes: the actual teaching of preservice student teachers; the use of invative approaches to mentoring within established university systems; the interpersonal design of school-university partnership programs; and the search for new patterns of mentoring within teacher education.
- Author BiographyThe Contributors: Gwendolyn Webb-Johnson, April W. Kemp, Luana Zellner, Cindy K. Boettcher, Maggie D. Cox, Diane S. Adoue, Jane B. Hughey, John C. Stansell, Carol A. Mullen, William A. Kealy, and Donna L. Wiseman. The Editor: Carol A. Mullen is Assistant Professor of the Department of Educational Foundations and Policy Studies at Florida State University. Her teaching and research interests explore the topics of mentorship, diversity, and creativity within universities and prisons.
- Author(s)Carol A. Mullen
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number55
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notefig.
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCindy K. Boettcher,Diane S. Adoue,Maggie D. Cox
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.