Breakpoint: Why the Web Will Implode, Search Will be Obsolete, and Everything Else You Need to Know About Technology is in Your Brain by Jeffrey M. Stibel (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat can the human brain and its relationship to the internet tell us about our society, our techlogies, and our businesses? A lot, as it turns out. The internet today is a virtual replica of the brain, and the networks that leverage it grow and collapse in ways that are easily predictable if you understand the brain and other biological networks. We're living in the midst of a networking revolution. All of the major techlogy invations of the 21st century - social networking, cloud computing, search engines, and crowdsourcing, to name a few - leverage the internet and are thus bound by the rules of networks. We've seen the exponential growth of these techlogies, and they've led to a more efficient and tightly connected world. But what many people don't realize is that all networks eventually reach a breakpoint and collapse. This happens in the brain, it happens in nature, it happened to MySpace, and it will happen to Facebook and Google. It is critical to understand where the breakpoint is in the networks you use in order to achieve optimum success. Navigating the world of new techlogies today can be like walking through a minefield unless you kw the path. Imagine what you could do with a roadmap for where things are headed? In this fascinating look at the future of business and techlogy, neuroscientist and entrepreneur Jeff Stibel shows how the brain can act as a guide to understanding the future of the internet and the constellation of businesses and techlogies that run on it. He'll show how leaders like Marissa Mayer are using artificial intelligence to literally remake Yahoo! and how startups like oDesk and Kickstarter are using crowdsourcing, the next wave of revolutionary techlogy, to create something much larger and smarter than the sum of their parts. Stibel offers a fresh perspective about the future of business and techlogy in a candid and engaging manner.
- Author BiographyJeff Stibel is a neuroscientist and entrepreneur. He is currently serving as Chairman and CEO of The Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corporation and was previously President and CEO of Web.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: WWWW). Stibel is also Chairman of BrainGate, a company whose brain chip technology allows the severely disabled to control electronics with nothing but their thoughts and was featured on 60 Minutes. Stibel is the author of Wired for Thought: How the Brain is Shaping the Future of the Internet (Harvard Business Press, 2009). He was the recipient of a Brain and Behavior Fellowship while studying for his PhD in brain science at Brown University. He resides in Malibu, California with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Jeffrey M. Stibel
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication20/08/2013
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width163 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine24 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.54Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.