All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tells you how brilliant ideas and inventions can be transformed into invations and breakthroughs which make a real impact, and analyses why others fail. In a turbulent and fast-changing world we need invations and breakthroughs to advance our wellbeing and achieve a sustainable society. Together with our international network of leaders, entrepreneurs and scholars, we present a wide range of case studies in which we examine the mechanisms that lead to genuine breakthroughs. We look at the worlds of business, philanthropy, diplomacy, ecomics, investing, geopolitics, media, agriculture, logistics, techlogy and healthcare. These fascinating studies and interviews reveal how invations and breakthroughs succeed or fail.
- Author BiographyOur internationally known and respected contributors include: Shimon Peres, Denis A. Cortese, Jeroen van der Veer, Alan McKinnon, Frits Bolkestein, Francois Chabannes, Mohamed Krichen, John H. Noseworthy, Ab Klink, Klaus Naumann, Herman Schaper, Francis Deng, Roel Kuiper, Natalie Landman, William A. Owens, Gert van Dijk, Paulo R. Ribeiro, Benjamin Bilski, Arne Solli, Sverre Diesen, Nils Wang, Horst Telschik, Gemma Kobessen, Peter Inge, Marielle Dekker, Amnon Lipkin-Shahak, Paul Baan, Ahmed Qurei, Shelly Plutowski, Nigel Inkster, Maarten Verkerk, Mostefa Souag, Henk Polinder, John Groffen, Pieter de Rijcke, Ahmed Sheik, Nicholas Larusso, Shirley Weis, Dirk Barth, Colum Gorman, James Blaker, Martha Bejar and others. About the Owls Foundation: The Owls Foundation is an international network exclusively focused on the study of innovations and breakthrough processes in a wide variety of areas. We work to stimulate an ongoing discussion on innovations and breakthroughs by carrying our research and passing on knowledge and experiences to future generations of entrepreneurs, policymakers and leaders. Our aim is to create a meaningful impact for a sustainable world. The Foundation was established in 2011 as a non-profit organisation and is a registered charity in the Netherlands. Our board consists of six members from industry, government and academia. The vision of the Owls Foundation is this: because innovations and breakthrough processes are decisive in our world, today and in the future, we need international and multidisciplinary cooperation. We work to stimulate such processes for sustainable societies. Our mission is to develop an international knowledge platform on innovations and breakthrough processes. With our research projects, publications and events, we intend to stimulate much-needed discussions. This website will develop into this knowledge platform. The book, Breakthrough: from Innovation to Impact, is our first publication with nineteen case studies in a variety of sectors. With our proprietary research methods, we are able working with you to examine the effectiveness of your institution as an innovator realising breakthroughs.
- Author(s)Associate Professor of English Douglas Murray,Benjamin Bilski,Henk Van Den Breemen (Ch )
- PublisherOwls Foundation
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOwls Foundation
- Out-of-print date14/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAssociate Professor of English Douglas Murray,Benjamin Bilski
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.