Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.50+ postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by joannembb
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen paramedic Bruce Pike arrives too late to save a boy found hanged in his bedroom, he senses immediately that this lonely death is an accident. Pike kws the difference between suicide and misadventure. He understands only too well the forces that can propel a kid towards oblivion. Not just because he's an ambulanceman but because of the life he's lived, the boy he once was, addicted to extremes, flirting with death, pushing every boundary in the struggle to be extraordinary, barely kwing where or how to stop. So begins a story about the damage you do to yourself when you're young and think you're immortal. In his first vel for seven years, Tim Winton has achieved a new level of mastery. Breath confirms him as one of the world's finest storytellers, whose work is both accessible and profound, relentlessly gripping and deeply moving.
- Author BiographyTim Winton has published twenty-six books for adults and children, and his work has been translated into twenty-eight languages. Since his first novel, An Open Swimmer, won the Australian Vogel Award in 1981, he has won the Miles Franklin Award four times (for Shallows,Cloudstreet, Dirt Music and Breath) and twice been shortlisted for the Booker Prize (for The Riders and Dirt Music). He lives in Western Australia. Find out more on Facebook
- PrizesWinner of Miles Franklin Literary Award 2009 and Australian Independent Booksellers Indie Awards: Best Australian Book 2008 and Age Book of the Year: Fiction 2008. Shortlisted for NSW Premier's Literary Award Christina Stead Prize for Fiction 2009 and Nielsen BookData/ABA Book of the Year Award - Booksellers' Choice 2009.
- Author(s)Tim Winton
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHamish Hamilton
- Out-of-print date18/06/2016
- Weight468 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.