All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe great chronicle of the life and teachings of the historical Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, from his beginnings in India 2500 years ago. A close examination of the Four Noble Truths: from the monastic rules and doctrinal treatises to meditation, Tibetan Tantric Buddhism, the different Zen schools, and their masters or the New Age Buddhism. Discover the fascinating origins and evolution of Buddhism, through the life of Siddhartha Gautama, the historical Buddha, the Awakened One, whose teachings gave birth to the Indian, Chinese, Tibetan and Japanese Buddhism. Learn the origins of the three major schools of Buddhism: the Hinayana, Mahayana and Vajrayana through the great schisms that rocked the Sangha, the monastic community, at the beginning of the Christian era. Learn the essential teachings, doctrines, conceptions of life and afterlife, philosophies, and meditation techniques of Buddhism, its relationship to Hinduism, its magic and esoteric peculiarities, its political trials and its considerable religious and spiritual influence in the world.
- Author BiographyErnest Yassine Bendriss is a French historian, philosopher and novelist. He studied History and Philosophy at the University of Toulouse-le-Mirail. As a medievalist, he has published several books in Spain on Medieval French History and has collaborated with popular history magazines as Historia National Geographic, Historia y Vida and El Mundo Medieval. In the field of philosophy, he is the author of several books on Eastern philosophy and Indian spirituality. He published an essay on Taoism in 2014: The Heavenly Gate: Wisdom, Philosophy and Alchemy in Taoism (Ed. Mandala, 2014). He published Brief History of Islam in Ediciones Nowtilus and he is in charge of the Brief History series since the end of 2013.
- Author(s)Ernest Bendriss
- PublisherNot Avail
- Date of Publication22/10/2014
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNot Avail
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.