All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSpanning the earliest attempts to brew beer to the recent popularity of local craft brews, Brewed in Japan presents the first English-language exploration of beer's steady rise to become the beverage of the masses. Alexander underscores the highly receptive nature of Japanese consumers, who adopted and domesticated beer in just a few generations, despite its entirely foreign origins. He also sheds light on the various social, cultural, and financial influences that combined to make beer Japan's leading alcoholic beverage by the 1960s. Japan's beer market is w among the most complex on earth, and it continues to evolve. Visit the author's website at www.brewedinjapan.com.
- Author BiographyJeffrey W. Alexander is an associate professor of history at the University of Wisconsin, Parkside, and author of Japan's Motorcycle Wars: An Industry History (UBC Press, 2008).
- Author(s)Jeffrey W. Alexander
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.