All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing a beautiful new range of tebooks adorned with stunning illustrations and photographs from our rich archives. All exquisitely finished and cloth bound with woodfree paper, large pocket at the back and elastic closure. These iconic images were originally commissioned for Batsford book jackets in the 1930s, 40s and 50s. Brian Cook's heightened use of colour encapsulates classic scenes of glorious countryside of old England and his work has become highly collectable. The Villages of England by A.K. Wickham was first published by B.T. Batsford in 1932. The dust jacket illustration of the village of Kersey in Suffolk by Brian Cook was part of the invative English Life series published by Batsford throughout the 1930s, 40s and 50s. Perfect for lovers of vintage book jackets!
- Author BiographyBrian Cook is a designer and illustrator, his design work from the 1930s, 40s and 50s is pioneering and iconic.
- PublisherAnova Books
- Date of Publication27/07/2011
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSalamander Books Ltd
- Weight249 g
- Width124 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.