Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionBrice Marden: Ru Ware, Marbles, Polke features the most recent paintings from this towering figure in contemporary abstraction. The book's title alludes to the breadth of Marden's inspirations: rare Chinese pottery, coarse Greek marble and the late German artist Sigmar Polke. Each of the works or series in this volume stems from these sources: the Ru Ware Project (2007-2012), composed of nine small panels painted in pale blues and greens; 15 new paintings in oil on marble, which Marden completed on the Greek island of Hydra in 2012; and a large oil-on-linen painting, Polke Letter (2010-2011), a painterly homage to Marden's contemporary. Helping to pinpoint Marden's place in the flow of time is an essay by David Anfam, along with a statement written by the artist, an extended meditation on geometry, proportion and color.
- PublisherMatthew Marks Gallery
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMatthew Marks Gallery
- Weight975 g
- Width270 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMr David Anfam
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.