All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the defining features of the global ecomy is the rise of the BRICS - a bloc of emerging ecomies, comprised of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. These nations seem to be growing at a much faster rate than the developed nations of the Eurozone and North America. Will the BRICS help drag the developed world out of the ecomic mire? Will they force social change and invation into the tired 'old world order'? And politically, do they herald a new dawn for democracy or do they represent a continued political repression? BRICS: An Anti-Capitalist Critique is an edited collection which aims to answer these questions by offering critical analysis of the rise of the BRICS ecomies within the framework of a predatory, exclusionary and unequal global capitalism. A range of approaches to the emergence of new ecomies of the global South are included, which are variously co-operative and antagonistic to the traditional powers. Bringing to light a new perspective on these nations, this is an invaluable book for those who want to understand the current geopolitical and ecomic landscape from an anti-capitalist viewpoint.
- Author BiographyPatrick Bond is Senior Professor at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. He is the author of several books, including Elite Transition: From Apartheid to Neoliberalism in South Africa (Pluto, 2014) Ana Garcia is Professor of International Relations at the Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro and associate of the Institute of Alternative Policies of the Southern Cone (PACS).
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAna Garcia,Patrick Bond
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.