All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionArtist John Beech is kwn for his invative transformations of the seemingly mundane into startling works of originality. Proficient in several different mediums, in Found he focuses on self-manipulated photographs. Since 2007 he has collected over 600 found photographs and applied his singular touch to each, letting the patterns and textures within the photograph become the grounds upon which he creates entirely new works of mysterious beauty. Presented here are 86 such pieces.
- Author BiographyJohn Beech is a British-born artist who has exhibited widely in the United States and Europe. His works are in the collection of numerous museums, including the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, Kunstmuseum, Basel, Switzerland and FRAC Bretagne, Rennes, France. He has published two books of drawings with Peter Blum Edition, New York: Obscure/Reveal, with words by Edward Albee (2008) and The Space Surrounding (2012). John Beech lives and works in Brooklyn, New York. Alexander Nagel is a writer and art historian who lives in New York and teaches at New York University. His most recent books are Medieval Modern (Thames and Hudson, 2012) and The Controversy of Renaissance Art (University of Chicago Press, 2011).
- Author(s)Alexander Nagel,John Beech
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight805 g
- Width260 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.