All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBRIDGES TO BETTER WRITING, 2E, makes the writing process less daunting by guiding you through each step, giving you only what you need to kw for a specific writing task. Throughout the text, the authors incorporate the writing process and grammar into their discussion of the methods of development so that you can connect the skills all at once. With writing samples from each method that illustrates how writing is relevant to your academic, personal, and professional life, BRIDGES TO BETTER WRITING motivates you to take control of the future by developing better writing skills.
- Author BiographyDebbie Borchers is Chair of the English Department at Pueblo Community College, where she is in her twenty-fifth year as a member of the faculty. Professor Borchers began her teaching career as a student of Near Eastern culture in Cairo. After returning to the United States, Professor Borchers earned her MA in TESL from the University of Arizona. Together with Luis Nazario, Borchers has implemented innovative service learning programs, student and faculty assessments, and standards for the English curriculum. She also has developed an online Introduction to Literature course and has presented workshops on Writing Across the Curriculum and developmental education. Luis Nazario is Assistant Chair of the English Department at Pueblo Community College, where he has taught developmental and college-level courses since 1990. Professor Nazario completed his BA at Inter American University in Puerto Rico and his MA at New York University. Together with text coauthor Deborah Borchers, Nazario has presented work on service learning at conferences and later worked on modules for developmental English to be used in the Department of Corrections. In addition, he has developed Internet courses in both developmental and college-level courses, designed college-level hybrid courses, and restructured his course to be taught as a learning community. In 2011, Professor Nazario received the Jerry Wartgow Teaching with Technology Award from the Colorado Community College System. Bill Lewis graduated from the University of Colorado and subsequently pursued his interest in the Russian language at the Defense Language Institute, which led to a 14-year career in the intelligence community. After earning his MA in English from George Mason University, he began his association with the English department at Pueblo Community College, where he has taught developmental and college-level English composition, technical writing, and literature courses for the past 18 years. He has also served as the college's Director of Planning, Accreditation, and Effectiveness, and is currently serving his division as Assessment of Student Learning Coordinator.
- Author(s)Deborah D. Borchers,Luis A. Nazario,William Lewis
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/10/2011
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinle & Heinle Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1135 g
- Width186 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.