All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.14Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume in hour of Dr Pittu Laungani, one of the leading cross-cultural psychologists of the West, brings together rewned names in the field of Psychology who critique Dr Laungani's contribution from various angles. It explores the nature of cross-cultural psychology, counselling and psychotherapy, specifically attempting to build bridges between Indian philosophy and the Western approaches and methods. The various chapters consider interesting and challenging questions like culture and stress, traditional healing and Hindu spirituality, and caste, class and culture and their relationship to counselling psychology. The book will be of great interest to those teaching and studying courses on cross-cultural counselling and psychotherapy and also multicultural social work.
- Author BiographyRoy Moodley, Ph.D. is Associate Professor in Counselling Psychology at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education at the University of Toronto. His research and publication interests include traditional and cultural healing; multicultural and diversity counselling; race, culture and ethnicity in psychotherapy; and masculinities. Roy co-edited Transforming Managers: Gendering Change in the Public Sector (1999); Carl Rogers Counsels a Black Client: Race and Culture in Person-Centred Counselling (2004); Integrating Traditional Healing Practices into Counselling and Psychotherapy (2005); and Race, Culture and Psychotherapy: Critical Perspectives in Multicultural Practice (2006). Aanchal Rai, MA is a psychotherapist working in Toronto with several years of experience of providing counselling and therapy to clients suffering from a range of psychological difficulties. Her research and publication interests include multicultural and diversity counselling and South Asian traditional forms healing. Her publications include Bridging the Gap: Western Counselling and South Asian Mental Health Needs (2009), Role of South Asian Traditional Healers in Counselling (M.A. Thesis, University of Toronto, 2008) and Pilot Study of a Personalized Feedback Intervention for Problem Gamblers (2009), co-edited Within and Beyond Borders: Critical Multicultural Counselling in Practice (2009). Waseem Alladin, Psy.D. is the Editor in Chief of Counselling Psychology Quarterly, an international journal of theory, research practice. He is the Clinical Director of the Centre for Work Stress Management/Centre for Cognitive Neuropsychology Therapy and Head of Psychology department, Autism Care, UK. He is a consultant chartered clinical and counselling psychologist and a forensic clinical neuropsychologist. He has published in the fields of transcultural and clinical psychology and chronic pain. He presented an ethnobiopsychosocial model for counselling and psychotherapy at the 2008 UNESCO Paris Conference.
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAanchal Rai,Roy Moodley,Waseem Alladin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.