All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionImprove student achievement through academically focused family nights! Research confirms the link between family involvement and academic success. Yet, as student populations become increasingly diverse, educators face a daunting challenge in establishing close connections with families. Bridging School and Home Through Family Nights: Ready-to-Use Plans for Grades K-8 offers all the information, materials, and resources for planning and implementing events that build effective relationships. Drawing on their own experiences and extensive research, the authors include information on adapting events for special populations, issues around providing food and incentives, cost-saving ideas, and additional resources. Each of the book's thirteen family night chapters is a self-contained unit that provides event procedures, needed materials, connections with national standards, and numerous reproducibles, including: * Invitations * Agendas * Sign-in sheets * Evaluation forms * Activity worksheets * Handouts * Overheads Productive family night experiences offer an enjoyable and meaningful way for schools to reach out to families and get them involved. This book is appropriate for K-8 teachers and principals or anyone in the school or district responsible for family events.
- Author BiographyDiane W. Kyle is a professor in the Department of Teaching and Learning at the University of Louisville. She currently resides in Louisville, Kentucky. Ellen McIntyre is a literacy professor in the Department of Teaching and Learning at the University of Louisville. She currently resides in Louisville, Kentucky. Karen B. Miller has taught elementary school for more than 20 years in grades 1-4. Now, she teaches at Roby Elementary in Bullitt County, Kentucky. She currently resides in Shepherdsville, Kentucky. Gayle H. Moore taught elementary school for 31 years at grades K-8. She currently resides in La Grange, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Diane W. Kyle,Ellen McIntyre,Gayle H. Moore,Karen B. Miller
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight728 g
- Width213 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.