Bridging the Divide: The Selected Poems of Hava Pinhas-Cohen by Syracuse University Press (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $100.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRaised in a Ladi-speaking family of Bulgarian Jewish immigrants, Pinhas- Cohen fuses the ancient Sephardic chant of her childhood with the contemporary rhythm of Israeli life. This singular talent for bridging the ancient and the modern sets her apart from most other Hebrew poets of her generation. Secular in style and spirit, yet rooted in the life cycle of religious Judaism, Pinhas- Cohen's poems portray everyday life in modern Israel through a sacred yet personal language. Awarded the coveted Prime Minister's Prize for her poetry, Pinhas-Cohen is a poet whose verse in English translation is long overdue. This bilingual collection offers readers a careful selection of poems from each of her seven published volumes. Hart-Green has worked closely with the poet herself on these translations, several of which have appeared in journals such as the Jewish Quarterly and the Toronto Journal of Jewish Thought. Her lively translations display the dazzling breadth and depth of Pinhas-Cohen's oeuvre, making Bridging the Divide t only the first but the definitive English-language edition of this vital Hebrew poet's work.
- Author BiographyHava Pinhas-Cohen is an Israeli writer and poet. She is the editor of Dimui, a journal of literature, criticism, and Jewish culture, and the author of several poetry collections. Pinhas- Cohen was awarded the Prime Minister's Prize (1996), the ACUM Prize (1998), the Kugel Prize (2000), the Alterman Prize (2002), and the Rishon LeZion Prize for Creativity in Hebrew Language (2015). Sharon Hart-Green has a PhD in modern Hebrew literature from Brandeis University and has taught Hebrew and Yiddish literature at the University of Toronto, Canada. She is the author of Not a Simple Story: Love and Politics in a Modern Hebrew Novel.
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleJudaic Traditions in Literature, Music and Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySharon Hart-Green
- Translated bySharon Hart-Green
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.