All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
About this product
- DescriptionThere point in speculating about spiritual issues with little or information to guide our decision-making processes. But information is available, and finding it is a necessary part of the spiritual search. It is a test of viveka, discrimination. We must want it so that we are motivated from within, and thence comes the flow of energy that will fuel our search. That is where we can begin, by finding within ourselves the yearning for answers that will t be denied. And that requires thing for its sustenance but the power of our faith and the force of our beliefs.
- Author BiographyLouis Rogers was the host and producer of the television interview series Turning Inward, and the founding publisher and executive editor of Inner Paths Magazine, both in New York. He was also the founding publisher and executive editor of Pir Publications and Sufi Review located in Westport, Connecticut and New York City. Professor Rogers began his career as an instructor at Hunter College in New York, then turned his attention towards publishing spiritual teachings. He has written numerous books, articles, editorials, book and magazine introductions and prefaces. His short story, The Zhikr of the Heart, first appeared in the London-based magazine, Sufi Journal. In 2001, he returned to university teaching as an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Languages, Literature and Media Studies at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield and Stamford Connecticut, and later as an Affiliate Professor at Fairfield University, also in Fairfield, Connecticut. His previous books include: Ladder to the Sky, an adventure novel set against a modern and mythological background of Taoist energy teachings and legends. Coming Alive: Accessing the Healing Energies of the Universe. Mirror of the Unseen: The Complete Discourses of Jalal al-Din Rumi. The Fire of Love: The Love Story of Layla and Majnun. Call and Response: The Wisdom of Rumi. The Age of Spirit, Tales of Immortality and most recently, What Do You Expect God To Be? Bridging The Gap is his eleventh book.
- Author(s)Louis Rogers
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.