All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis major textbook for a growing area of study provides the reader with the framework necessary for understanding the implications of communication in the global media marketplace. Using practical examples, Newsom offers students and media professionals an indispensable guide to mastering the art of international and intercultural communication. Key features include: * Addresses an important subject that few other books do: how to communicate in the global media marketplace at both the interpersonal and public level * Explores mass modes of communication including advertising, public relations, the Internet, news, and magazines * Rich with real life examples, chosen to appeal to students * Draws on the author's experiences teaching media and public relations across Asia, Africa, and Europe * Examines the factors that are influencing cross-cultural communication, bringing together practical, philosophical, and theoretical approaches to various types of interaction. Bridging the Gaps in Global Communication is accompanied by an instructor's manual, available at www.blackwellpublishing.com/newsom.
- Author BiographyDr. Doug Newsom teaches at Texas Christian University, is a public relations practitioner and has served on the board of a publicly-held company since 1982. She is the senior co-author of Public Relations Writing: Form and Style (with the late Bob Carrell and now Jim Haynes, 2004), This Is PR (with Judy VanSlyke Turk and Dean Kruckeberg, 1999), and Media Writing (with the late James Wollert, 1988).
- Author(s)Doug Newsom
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note14 illustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width164 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.