All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDeriving from a conference organised by the Tavistock Marital Studies Institute, the present volume draws the main focus of its inquiry from a few fundamental questions.In its various brief encounters, and in disparate contexts, how effective can a psychoanalytic approach be when it addresses the parental/child or adult couple relationship? What specific quality of contact can be achieved in the relationship between client(s) and therapist in shorter-term work?This compilation of essays, written by experienced practitioners, engages directly and positively these, and other questions, demonstrating with clinical material the efficacious contribution of a psychoanalytic psychotherapy.In both the similarity and variety of responses to the complex issues explored the authors display a creative engagement and theoretical understanding that will be of great interest and stimulus to all professionals working in this field.
- Author BiographyFrancis Grier is an Associate Member of the British Psychoanalytical Society. He is also a Full Member of the Society of Couple Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists. He is a Visiting Research Lecturer at the Tavistock Marital Studies Institute, where he was previously a Senior Marital Psychotherapist and Clinical Lecturer. He has a private practice for individuals and couples. He edited 'Brief Encounters with Couples: Some Analytical Perspectives', which was published by Karnac in 2001.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2001
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight290 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byFrancis Grier
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.