All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA century after his vels first came out, E.M. Forster remains one of the most widely read and best-loved authors of the twentieth century. He made his name with vels such as A Room with a View and Howards End , which, with their detailed analyses of English sbbery and racism, established him as an uncompromising critic of hypocrisy. Forced to conceal his sexuality from his readership, Forster also wrote, but never published, a vel of gay love, Maurice . With characteristic flair, Richard Canning juxtaposes Forster's public persona as a member of the English literary establishment with the joys and torments of his private life.
- Author BiographyRichard Canning is a lecturer in English Literature at the University of Sheffield and has published widely in the field of gay literature. He is the author of Brief Lives: Oscar Wilde (Hesperus, 2007).
- Author(s)Richard Canning
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2009
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Series TitleBrief Lives
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.