Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
- AU $23.08Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionBright Triumphs from Dark Hours examines the lives of ten extraordinary people who overcame great adversity in their personal or professional lives by applying winning strategies that guided them out of the darkness of near-defeat and into the light of success. From New York City school chancellor Joel Klein taking on the monumental task of overhauling the city's embattled public school system to rewned scientist Shirley Ann Jackson breaking down barriers to become the first African American woman to receive a doctorate from MIT and head a major research university to retired U.S. Navy Commander Scott Waddle reshaping his life after the Ehime Maru disaster - in these inspiring stories Heenan identifies key strategies that helped each person stay upbeat in the swirling vortex of tough times. The final chapter outlines these practices in greater detail and explains how they can be used to create personal roadmaps to negotiate life's darkest hours - from which come its greatest successes, its brightest triumphs.
- Author BiographyDavid Heenan, a former senior executive with Citigroup and Jardine Matheson, is a trustee of the Estate of James Campbell, one of the nation's largest landowners, and a visiting professor at Georgetown University. He has served on the faculties of the Wharton School, the Columbia Graduate School of Business, and the University of Hawai'i. In addition to articles published in the nation's leading newspapers and business journals, he is the author or coauthor of six books, including Flight Capital, Co-Leaders, and Double Lives.
- Author(s)David Heenan
- PublisherUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Series TitleA Latitude 20 Book
- Place of PublicationHonolulu, HI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Hawai'i Press
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.