All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn Brighter Beginnings for Teachers, Patty Pullen identifies the issues that send teachers screaming from the profession, including the primary problem of behavior management. The U.S. Department of Education reports that between 30 to 50 percent of teachers quit the profession within the first five years, and that lack of preparation in classroom management is the primary cause for this flight. In this proactive book, Pullen addresses the essential elements that compose good behavior management which includes: Finding a good match for teacher and school, Determining who the tough kids are and how to plan for them, Collaborating with parents (even difficult parents), Formulating a behavior management program before the students arrive. Written in question and answer format, this book will be valuable to special education teachers and regular education teachers, kindergarten through high school. It can also be used as a supplementary text in teacher education programs and for induction programs in school systems.
- Author BiographyPatty Pullen is an adjunct for the University of Virginia in their licensure and graduate programs for special education teachers. She has spent most of her adult life either teaching children, or teaching adults how to teach children.
- Author(s)Patty Pullen
- Date of Publication26/01/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight145 g
- Width161 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.