All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLegendary actress Brigitte Bardot led fashion revolutions throughout her career; this retrospective includes BB's comments on her iconic style in a rare, intimate interview. Brigitte Bardot is a style icon whose legacy has undeniably shaped the face of fashion as we kw it. Discovered by a magazine editor at only 14 years old, she found fame and admiration on the big screen in the 1950s, and then became the fiery sex symbol of the groovy and liberated 1960s. Over the course of her career, all of the great French designers-including Christian Dior, Pierre Balmain, and Pierre Cardin-outfitted Bardot on and off screen. In photographs that capture her attending prestigious receptions or on glamorous visits to the United States, in fashion shoots and on film sets, this volume illustrates all the key looks that BB wore and brought to the international spotlight as she invented and edited her own highly imitated style. In an extensive-and extremely rare-interview, accompanied by her personal comments on the photos, Bardot explains the context of the often vanguard fashions she wore, making headlines wherever she went. Evoking French style and the glamor of St. Tropez, her legacy endures-from ballerina slippers with sweeping skirts to figure-hugging knitwear, gingham fabrics and gypsy dresses, kohl eyeliner and tousled hair.
- Author BiographyHenry-Jean Servat has written extensively about Brigitte Bardot for Paris Match and Vanity Fair. The only journalist to have sustained a close rapport with Bardot throughout her life, he has published several books on the famous actor-turned animal rights activist.
- Author(s)Brigitte Bardot,Henry-Jean Servat
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Weight1280 g
- Width195 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.