All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrigitte Bardot was the first official face of Marianne, the figure synymous with the liberty of France. She became one of the most famous faces of French cinema during the 50s and 60s and set the world alight when she appeared in And God Created Woman in 1957. Working with some of the most revered film directors in the world, including Jean-Luc Godard and Louis Malle, as well as appearing with such luminaries as Kirk Douglas and Sean Connery, Bardot has had as colourful a life off screen as she has on. Four times married - her first husbands were Roger Vadim, Jacques Charrier (by whom she had a son) and Gunter Sachs - Bardot retired from films in 1973, determined to get out elegantly . Bardot's life and career is examined in this beautifully illustrated book, going behind the scenes to take a look at her performances in films such as Le Mepris, Les Femmes and Les Petroleuses.
- Author BiographyGinette Vincendeau is a Professor of Film Studies at King's College, London and a regular contributor to Sight & Sound magazine. She has written a biography of director Jean-Pierre Melville and edited The Encylopedia of European Cinema.
- Author(s)Ginette Vincendeau
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note140 images
- Weight1270 g
- Width245 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.