CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionShort of money, the inventor Thomas Edison is captivated by the charismatic figure of J.P. Morgan, the world's banker . Accepting Morgan's glittering offer of almost unlimited cash in return for helping the man change the way the world does business, Edison sees himself descend from being the godlike inventor of electric light to being complicit in the invention of the electric chair. Ever more enmeshed in Morgan's personal life, he becomes infatuated by a world of privilege and power, where duty and desire, faith and immorality are thrown into conflict, ultimately threatening his own spiritual and creative survival.
- Author BiographyAnthony McCarten's debut novel, Spinners, won international acclaim, and was followed by The English Harem and the award winning Death of a Superhero, all three books being translated into many languages. McCarten has also written twelve stage plays, including the worldwide success Ladies' Night, which won France's Moliere Prize, the Meilleure Piece Comique, in 2001. Also a film-maker, he has thrice adapted his own plays or novels into feature films which he directed himself.
- Author(s)Anthony McCarten
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Books Ltd
- Content Noteill
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.