About this product
- DescriptionThe Brilliant Activities for Reading Comprehension series (2nd Edition) addresses the Programmes of Study for reading comprehension in the new (2014) national curriculum for England. The importance of being able to read for meaning should never be underestimated. The ability to decode text is t eugh. It is vital that children understand what they are reading. More importantly, it is fundamental that they enjoy what they are reading, so that they grow up to become lifelong readers. The passages in the Brilliant Activities for Reading Comprehension series are designed to do just that. They provide children with a variety of engaging, enjoyable texts that will grab their attention, and indeed their teacher's attention as well. The passages begin in the Year 1 book with simple picture comprehension and poems for reading aloud to children. They gradually increase in difficulty as you progress through the book, and through the series and range from newspaper articles and dialogues, to plays, stories and poems, encouraging children to develop their ability to read for meaning and use a range of strategies to engage with the text. Tasks range from simple factual recall and vocabulary work to more open-ended questions enabling the reader to provide a more personal response. There are detailed suggestions for integrating writing, speaking and other literacy tasks with the passages. The cross-curricular activities provide a wealth of ideas for extending the passages further and are ideal for fast-finishers.
- Author(s)Charlotte Makhlouf
- PublisherBrilliant Publications
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationBedfordshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBrilliant Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.